Kalamazoo Guitar Lessons and Rates
Lessons take place in my studio at home (in Kalamazoo, Michigan) where I can provide you with custom recorded tracks for you to play along with. I find this to be an incredibly valuable teaching tool. It not only helps keep you interested in the instrument but gives you something that you can actually hear and play with at your own home on your own time.
These recordings can consist of what you desire; from a jam track for you to improvise your own solos over, to exercises backed by drums. I will even record anything you compose and solo over, add drums to it and have mixed down to a CD you can take with you at the end of the lesson!
Lessons (just an example):
- What to arrive with:
- Your guitar, lesson materials, and the expectation of fun, learning, and feeling like you've improved both in ability and knowledge.
- What I like to cover during lessons:
- WHAT YOU WANT TO LEARN takes precedence over all other plans!!
- Review of previous lesson.
- Introduction to new chords and scales.
- As well as explaining how they work together.
- Music theory review and application to guitar.
- End the lesson with what you want to work on next week
and throughout the week. i.e.:
- New scales
- Solo styles and exercises with current scales
- Any songs you may want to learn
- Exercises to develop ability to play by ear
What I supply (at no additional cost):
- Recording lessons and mixing down to a CD or Mp3 (at request).
- Record Jam tracks to play with at home mixed down to CD or Mp3.
- You write a song, you solo over the song. I add drums to it and burn it onto a CD for you to take home.
- All lesson materials.
- Tab sheets
- Any necessary materials for lessons
- In order to have as much fun as possible and to make the most of your time, showing up five minutes early isn't a bad idea.
- You should own or purchase a digital tuner as well as a metronome, these are very important items.
- It is suggested to set aside at least one half hour a day for practice.
- Ever time you sit down you should warm up by playing through any scales and exercises.
- Make sure you HAVE FUN!!!
- Learning how to play the guitar requires work, but having fun is the whole reason you decided to play. That should NEVER be sacrificed.
- One Hour Lessons: $40.00 Per Lesson
Payment is accepted on a monthly basis on the first lesson of every month.